Fossil fuels i.e.,coal, petroleum and natural gas are the fuels of the modern day.Most of the urban population consumes energy from them.But these fossil fuels take several millions of years to form. These resources are those in limited supply and cannot be replaced. Once they are exhausted we will really be in trouble.
Therefore,we should keep the following in mind:
- Switch off fans and lights when not is use.
- Use bicycles for small distances.
- Use public transport or use car-pools.
- Switch off the cars at red lights.
- Save natural resources by recycling the old,used products.
- Be an environment shopper and reduce,reuse and recycle.
- Use pressure cookers or cover the utensils while cooking.
Fossil fuels are the non-renewable sources of energy. The supply of fossil fuels is limited.So,we should use them judiciously.We should use alternative sources reduce the quantity of energy used. These energy conservation method save your money and at the same time saves the earth.
When you use these alternative resources of energy,you automatically make efforts to reduce increasing global warming. These alternative sources of energy are solar energy,wind energy,hydroelectric energy or biomass energy.