Entrance exam for the M.tech/ M.E. GATE 2013 have been scheduled by the commitee of the IIT institutions. IIT Bombay will organize the GATE exam 2013. The schedule and the criteria details for the exam will be given as below:
Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering Organizing Institute:
Indian Institute of Technology Bombay
Dates of Examination
- Online: 20th January 2013 (Sunday)
- Offline: 10th February 2013 (Sunday)
Admission to Postgraduate Courses (Masters and Doctoral) with MHRD and other Government cholarships/Assistantships in Engineering/Technology/Architecture/Science is open to those who qualify in GATE.
Validity of GATE 2013 score will be for a period of TWO YEARS from the date of announcement of results.
The application fee is
- ` 1200 for General/OBC male applicants and
- ` 600 for SC/ST/PD male applicants.
- There is no application fee for female applicants.
- The application fee is not refundable.
- commencement of online application:
1st September 2012 (Saturday)
- last date for: SuBMiSSiOn OF OnlinE APPliCATiOn (wEBSiTE ClOSuRE):
30th September 2012 (Sunday)
- RECEiPT OF APPliCATiOn wiTH SuPPORTinG DOCuMEnTS AT GATE OFFiCES:
8th October 2012 (Monday)
How to Apply
Application must be done OnlinE. Further details and OnlinE application form can be obtained by accessing any of the websites given below (or by scanning the image below using a QR reader available for most mobile phones).
Use the following link to apply in GATE 2013
Help line Numbers:
+91 97699 57068,
+91 97699 17069
(9.30 am to 6.30 pm, Monday to Saturday)
Institute Web address
- iisc Bangalore www. gate.iisc.ernet.in
- iit Bombay www.gate.iitb.ac.in
- iit delhi www.gate.iitd.ac.in
- iit Guwahati www.iitg.ernet.in/gate
- iit Kanpur www.gate.iitk.ac.in
- iit Kharagpur www.gate.iitkgp.ac.in
- iit madras www.gate.iitm.ac.in
- iit roorkee www.iitr.ernet.in/gate
The following categories of candidates are eligible to appear in GATE:
- Bachelor’s degree holders in Engineering/ Technology/ Architecture (4 years after 10+2/ Post-B.Sc./ Post-Diploma) and those who are in the final year of such programs.
- Master’s degree holders in any branch of Science/ Mathematics/ Statistics/ Computer Applications or equivalent and those who are in the final year of such programs.
- Candidates in the second or higher year of Four-year integrated Master’s degree programs (Post-B.Sc.) in Engineering /Technology.
- Candidates in the fourth or higher year of Five-year integrated Master’s degree programs or Dual Degree programs in Engineering/Technology.
- Candidates with qualifications obtained through examinations conducted by professional societies recognized by uPSC/AiCTE (e.g. AMiE by iE(i), AMiCE(i) by the institute of Civil Engineers (india)-iCE(i)) as equivalent to B.E./B.Tech. Those who have completed section A or equivalent of such professional courses are also eligible.
What is New in GATE 2013 ?
- Online papers: AE, AG, AR, BT, CE, CH, CY, GG, MA, Mn, MT, PH, TF, XE, and Xl
- Offline papers: CS, EC, EE, in, ME, and Pi
- 15 subject papers will be conducted by an ONLINE computer based test: AE, AG, AR, BT, CE, CH, CY, GG, MA, MN, MT, PH, TF, XE, and XL.
- Female candidates are exempted from paying the application fee, as required by MHRD, Govt. of India.
- All candidate related information and grievance redressal will be available in a single GATE Online Applicant Interface. (What is it?)
- Soft copies of photograph and signature must be uploaded during online application (This is in addition to sending recent photograph of applicant with signed application).
- A new formula will be used for calculating the GATE score.
- Biometric information (Photograph and fingerprint) may be captured on the day of the examination for randomly selected candidates.
Important Points for GATE 2013.
- Application Process: For GATE 2013, candidates need to register and fill the application ONLINE only by accessing the zonal GATE websites of IISc and seven IITs. The application process is complete only when a print out of the filled ONLINE application with the candidate’s signature and a good quality photo affixed in the appropriate place is received by the respective GATE office along with necessary documents, if any, on or before 8 October 2012. Please note that application forms are NOT available for sale anywhere.
- Downloadable Admit Card: Admit cards are NOT sent by mail anymore. Admit cards can only be downloaded from the zonal GATE websites from 5th December 2012 onwards. Bring the admit card to the test center along with at least one original (not photocopied / scanned copy) and valid (not expired) photo identification.
- Use of black ink ball point pen for Offline exams: Candidates should use only black ink ball point pen for darkening of the bubbles in the OMR sheet. Since bubbles darkened by the black ink ball point pen cannot be erased, candidates should darken the bubbles in the OMR sheet very carefully (be sure before darkening).
- Numerical answer type questions in ONLINE papers: In the ONLINE papers, the question paper will consist of questions of multiple choice type and questions of numerical answer type. For multiple choice type questions, each question will have four choices for the answer. For numerical answer type questions, each question will have a number as the answer. Each online paper will have 15 or more marks worth of questions requiring numerical answers where possible.
- Pre-final year students: Pre-final year students are NOT eligible to write GATE 2013. For details, refer to eligibility for GATE examination.