- Papers: The test will consist of two papers.
- Exam Mode: Examination will be conducted in offline mode. Candidates have to mark their responses on the Optical Mark Reader (OMR) Sheet.
- Number of Questions: Total 150 questions will be asked in NET which are divided into 2 papers. Paper-I will have 50 questions and Paper-II will have 100 questions. All questions are compulsory to attempt.
- Type of Questions: All the papers will have objective type questions.
- Subjects: The Paper-I consists of General Aptitude Questions and the Paper-II contains questions related to the subject selected by candidates.
- Medium of Paper: Candidate can choose the paper medium either Hindi or English. Choice for paper medium can be exercised at the time of filling the form.
- Exam Duration: Paper-1 will be of 1 hour while Paper-II will be of 2 hours.
- Marking Scheme: Each correct answer will carry 2 marks.
- Negative Marking: CBSE is not following negative marking scheme in UGC NET.
||Number of Questions
||50 questions (all compulsory)
||1 hour (09:30 A.M. to 10:30 A.M.)
||100 questions (all compulsory)
|| 2 hours (11:00 A.M. to 1:00 P.M.)
Click here to check UGC NET last year question papers.
UGC NET 2018 Syllabus
The syllabus of National Eligibility Test (NET) is different for different subjects. The subjects included in NET is more than 94. It is difficult to provide the syllabus of all the subjects here. However, the subject-wise syllabus will be provided soon. Candidates must prepare as per the syllabus prescribed by the CBSE.
CLICK HERE FOR SUBJECTS AND SYLLABUS
UGC NET will be held only one time in a year through offline mode. Candidates can check official dates of CBSE NET 2018 exam from here:
|Issue of Detailed Notification
||1st February 2018
|Commencement of online application form
||6th March 2018
|Last date to submit the form
||5th April 2018
|Last date of fee submission
||6th April 2018
|Corrections in particulars of application form
|Admit Card Availability
||8th July 2018
|Availability of Answer Key & OMR Sheet
|Declaration of Result